Obesity is one of the most common adverse conditions in America. An estimated one in three people are obese, which puts these individuals at a higher risk for everything from diabetes to heart attacks and strokes.
Obesity tends to be one of the most challenging conditions to treat. A long list of factors can keep a person from losing weight.
New prescriptions like Phentermine are giving patients a fighting chance when it comes to losing weight. Phentermine can help you achieve the ideal weight you’ve always wanted better than other weight loss drugs.
Understanding the Problem of Obesity
To understand why obesity is so difficult to treat, it’s best to outline the components that can make weight loss difficult. The following three elements need to be present in an ideal weight loss program:
- Education – The patient needs to understand the concept of caloric deficits and good nutrition.
- Exercise – To support a caloric deficit and the overall health of the patient, the appropriate exercise routine must be kept.
- Diet – Portion control and proper nutrition must be followed. This will support weight loss. This component is where most weight loss efforts fail.
The reason diet tends to be the most common point of failure revolves around the way the body works. As the body experiences a calorie deficit, it makes the individual crave food. Even small deviations can cause that caloric deficit to become a caloric gain.
How Phentermine Works
Phentermine is an appetite suppressant that can be taken orally. It falls within the sympathomimetic family of appetite suppressants, meaning that it works by influencing the way the brain’s chemistry functions.
It interacts with the hypothalamus gland, reducing just how hungry you feel. While this makes Phentermine effective, it’s worth noting that it is only designed for short-term use. It provides the small boost that patients often need to cement healthy eating habits and exercise routines.
The Benefits of Phentermine
Given that Phentermine is a unique type of weight loss drug, it carries with it a few unique benefits. These may include:
- Visible weight loss results, which reinforce healthy habits
- No need for long-term medication
- No stimulants like caffeine, reducing the rate of weight gain after the prescription has stopped
- Patients do not feel tired like they do with other weight loss prescriptions
These unique benefits make Phentermine ideal for providing the catalyst that many people need to begin successful weight loss.
Is Phentermine Right for You?
Phentermine enables weight loss for a wide selection of patients, but it is worth noting that it is not a miracle cure. Changes in your diet and exercise are essential to achieving your weight loss goals and maintaining a healthy weight.
At Simply Slim Medical in Bethesda, we proudly offer Phentermine as a way for individuals to safely and effectively lose weight. We can evaluate your unique needs while working to form a successful weight loss plan that helps you reach your goal weight.
Contact our office today to schedule your appointment.